In this video, learn how to test for problems with structured cabling and what types of problems to look out for.
- When your network goes down,…about the last place you're gonna start looking…for suspects is within the structured cabling system itself.…However, it does happen.…So what I want to do now is talk about…what can happen in terms of problems…within the structured cabling unit.…Now, to do this, I wanna break things down a little bit.…We really have three main pieces.…We've got the work area, we've got the horizontal cabling,…and then we have the equipment room.…So what I wanted to do in this episode…is concentrate on classic structured cabling problems…that take place right over here in the work area.…
Now the first thing we wanna do when we're suspecting…that we have a problem, is we're gonna take a look over…within the operating system,…someplace there's usually some kinda clue.…And we look down here in the lower right-hand corner here…in Windows 8, that there's something telling us…that the operating system does not see that we're connected.…So, in this case--…now, keep in mind, Network+ doesn't really care…
- Network topologies
- Fire ratings
- Ethernet basics
- Hubs vs. switches
- 100BASE-T, gigabit, and 10-gigabit Ethernet
- Installing structured cabling
- Testing cable
- Locating cables and connectors with a toner and probe
- Wired connections
Skill Level Beginner
1. Cabling and Topology
2. Ethernet Basics
3. Modern Ethernet
4. Installing a Physical Network
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.