Learn to scan your network for potential weaknesses in this action-packed episode.
- So throughout this series we've been talking about…things from firewalls and physical security…and installing anti-malware tools…and all these different issues.…And the end result of all this is what, a safe network?…Well, that's the big challenge.…How do you know that your network's safe?…The answer is, unfortunately, in most cases, you don't know.…There's simply so much complexity out there…in terms of networks.…I know that you've got a firewall installed…on your gateway router, but maybe you set up…an access control list that's letting…something through you're not supposed to.…
Or I know that you have an individual system…that's running a good anti-malware program,…but when was the last time it was updated.…So there's a lot of issues that come into play…that we really have to say to ourselves…is our network vulnerable?…And well, it happens, so if you've got a lot of money,…you've got professionals you will come out…and beat your network to a pulp…and show you all these horrible scary vulnerabilities,…but for most of us, what we're really trying to do,…
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- What is risk management?
- Managing change to a network
- Mitigating network threats
- Training users
- Denial of service and social engineering attacks
- Hardening devices
- Testing network security
- Network monitoring
- Security information and event management (SIEM) tools