In this video, explore cable testing, covering wiremaps, continuity, and TDRs.
- Just because you've got a nice…structured cabling setup installed,…that doesn't actually mean that it works right.…So what we have to do now is actually go…through the process of testing all of these runs.…So to do that, we need testing equipment.…I've got all kinds of cool testers here.…But one of the things you need to keep in mind…is that when you're testing a cable,…there's one thing where you can test a cable…that you hold in your hands and you have both ends,…and then there's testing a cable where…one end of the connection might be 100 meters away…from the other end of the connection.…
So that's when we talk about with testers,…we're always dealing with a remote piece and a main piece.…So like with this tester here,…I can break it into two pieces,…and the reason I can do that is because I can be on one end…and then on the other end that's far away…and test both sides.…So let's go through the process of testing,…starting with wiremap.…Now, I've got two different testers here.…Right here is an inexpensive,…
- Network topologies
- Fire ratings
- Ethernet basics
- Hubs vs. switches
- 100BASE-T, gigabit, and 10-gigabit Ethernet
- Installing structured cabling
- Testing cable
- Locating cables and connectors with a toner and probe
- Wired connections
Skill Level Beginner
1. Cabling and Topology
2. Ethernet Basics
3. Modern Ethernet
4. Installing a Physical Network
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.