In this video, Mike explores the type of information you will want to consider when doing network monitoring.
- Protocols like SNMP give us the opportunity…to perform network monitoring,…but in this episode I want to drill down a little bit…and talk about if we have these tools…what are we really looking for,…what are we monitoring, what do we want to know…about our networks and our individual host…to make sure everything is up and running.…So let's just go through some basic concepts,…some of the stuff that you'll probably see on the exam.…Now keep in mind there's a lot more.…This is just some of the core things…I want you to consider when you're doing network monitoring.…
So what I've got here in front of me…is a very popular free tool called Zabbix.…This is a SNMP tool, and by the way…I like Zabbix, but there's a lot of great ones out there…that you pay for, for example SolarWinds…is a company that makes incredibly powerful tools.…You got to pay for them, but in an enterprise environment…who cares it's actually not that much money…to have the right kind of tools…to make sure your networks running.…So anyway back to the screen.…
- What is risk management?
- Managing change to a network
- Mitigating network threats
- Training users
- Denial of service and social engineering attacks
- Hardening devices
- Testing network security
- Network monitoring
- Security information and event management (SIEM) tools