Mike discusses the various switch port mitigation techniques and how they are used in a working network environment.
- One of the interesting things about teaching…for a CompTIA certification is that even…though CompTia is vendor neutral,…there are certain situations where vendors start…to show their head.…And this is a great example of this.…In this particular episode, switchport protection,…we're going to be talking about switchports.…Now, a switchport is a CompTIA term.…Basically, you have two types of ports in this world.…There are ports that connect to switches.…Now these are not gonna have IP addresses…or anything like that.…Or we have ports that connect to network cards.…
So a network card could, for example,…be the ports in a router.…Routers have IP addresses.…Our individual systems have IP addresses.…My little camera, when I plug it in…with it's RJ45 has an IP address.…But switches don't have IP addresses.…They don't support Layer 3 directly.…So, to differentiate a regular port from a port…that's in one or our switches,…Cisco coined the term switchport.…So, with that in mind, I wanna talk a little bit about…how we can protect all…
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Making secure connections through tunnels
- InterVLAN routing
- Port bonding and port mirroring
- IDS vs. IPS
- Routing and switching with IPv6
- Packet switching
- ISDN and BPL
- Remote desktop connectivity
Skill Level Beginner
1. Advanced Networking Devices
Virtual private networks (VPNs)12m 41s
Introduction to VLANs11m 48s
InterVLAN routing3m 6s
Interface with managed switches10m 59s
Switch port protection6m 37s
Port bonding7m 11s
Port mirroring3m 29s
Quality of service5m 7s
IDS vs. IPS4m 25s
Proxy servers12m 41s
Load balancing8m 29s
Device placement scenarios12m 50s
3. Remote Connectivity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.