In this video, Mike reviews the types of policies to have in place for the IT department.
- How does an organization know what it needs to do…in terms of security if it doesn't have some kind…statement, some kind of goal, some kind of desire…of what they want to do?…That's what security policies are all about.…A security policy is a statement that an organization…makes that defines the goals and motivations…of that organization in terms of some aspect of security.…Security policies are usually written documents…and for one organization you could have a hundred…different types of security policies.…
However, for the exam there's only four that we need…to cover so I'm go ahead and cover them right now.…Let's start with probably the most famous of all,…an acceptable use policy.…An acceptable use policy is a document…that usually individuals have to sign…that define what somebody can do on company equipment.…So it's gonna do stuff, for example,…it's gonna define ownership.…It's gonna say that smart phone that I've loaned you…is mine and therefore that's something you need to consider…underneath the acceptable use policy.…
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- What is risk management?
- Managing change to a network
- Mitigating network threats
- Training users
- Denial of service and social engineering attacks
- Hardening devices
- Testing network security
- Network monitoring
- Security information and event management (SIEM) tools