Mike shows how you can work on computers remotely through the Internet using tools like TightVNC, Microsoft RDP, and remote help.
- One thing people love to do is to be able…to log onto another computer from the computer…they're at right now.…To in essence, make the desktop of that remote computer…magically appear on your computer right here.…This is a fantastic way to do things like,…to provide support, or training,…or just to be able to get to your own computer…and take a look at a file or something like that.…Now the important thing to appreciate when we're talking…about remote connections like these, you can't really,…well in general, you can't transfer files…from your remote desktop…to your local desktop; things like that.…
It's just a way to show you your graphical user interface…on a remote computer so you can do things.…Now this whole idea of remote desktop was pushed…a long, long time ago by a company called Citrix.…And Citrix used a standard that they developed called ICA…to provide over an IP network…a way to do this type of stuff.…Now it'd been done before Citrix, but it was a lot of people…who did proprietary things and it was all strange and weird.…
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Making secure connections through tunnels
- InterVLAN routing
- Port bonding and port mirroring
- IDS vs. IPS
- Routing and switching with IPv6
- Packet switching
- ISDN and BPL
- Remote desktop connectivity
Skill Level Beginner
1. Advanced Networking Devices
Virtual private networks (VPNs)12m 41s
Introduction to VLANs11m 48s
InterVLAN routing3m 6s
Interface with managed switches10m 59s
Switch port protection6m 37s
Port bonding7m 11s
Port mirroring3m 29s
Quality of service5m 7s
IDS vs. IPS4m 25s
Proxy servers12m 41s
Load balancing8m 29s
Device placement scenarios12m 50s
3. Remote Connectivity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.