Mike shows how traffic is prioritized to maximize efficiency of communication.
- I've been using this old SOHO router…as my primary connection to the internet…for quite a few years, and it…still works great and I like it.…Problem is, though, is that I'm paying…for a 10 megabit up and 50 megabit…download total bandwidth, and that's what…I'm paying for with my monthly ISP bill.…And generally that's more than enough…for my small network, however,…I'm starting to run into trouble.…For example, I've tried a voice-over IP phone…but I'm finding that it's dropping out…and I'm not getting the connection that I'd like.…
I also find that if I'm watching a movie,…suddenly I have trouble with other types of services.…So, what I wanna do is take advantage…of the bandwidth, that 50 megabit down…10 megabit up that I'm given.…Did I say given? That I pay for,…and I wanna manage that bandwidth in such a way…that I utilize in the best possible way.…Now, what we're gonna be dealing…with are a number of things here.…First of all, we're gonna be dealing…with what we call traffic shaping.…Traffic shaping is a generic term that simply means,…
- Making secure connections through tunnels
- InterVLAN routing
- Port bonding and port mirroring
- IDS vs. IPS
- Routing and switching with IPv6
- Packet switching
- ISDN and BPL
- Remote desktop connectivity
Skill Level Beginner
1. Advanced Networking Devices
Virtual private networks (VPNs)12m 41s
Introduction to VLANs11m 48s
InterVLAN routing3m 6s
Interface with managed switches10m 59s
Switch port protection6m 37s
Port bonding7m 11s
Port mirroring3m 29s
Quality of service5m 7s
IDS vs. IPS4m 25s
Proxy servers12m 41s
Load balancing8m 29s
Device placement scenarios12m 50s
3. Remote Connectivity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.