Mike discusses the different types of proxy servers and their purposes.
- If there's one piece of technology that I feel…is very confusing today, that is proxy servers.…Proxy servers have been around for decades,…and they've developed into so many different things…that they can become a massive IT security headache.…So I wanna take a few moments and make sure we understand…conceptually what is a proxy server,…what types of proxy servers are out there,…and what do we do with them.…Be ready for questions on the exam…where you might need to add proxy servers…to particular situations.…
Don't worry, I've got you covered…in this episode right here.…First of all, there's two kinds of proxy servers.…There's forward proxy servers and reverse proxies.…So what I'd like to do is start off with the older school,…a forward proxy.…All right now, if you take a look at this picture.…A proxy, by definition, is a device, a box,…a piece of software running on a computer,…which acts as an intermediary between two different devices…having a session.…So you're gonna have a client, you're gonna have a server,…
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Making secure connections through tunnels
- InterVLAN routing
- Port bonding and port mirroring
- IDS vs. IPS
- Routing and switching with IPv6
- Packet switching
- ISDN and BPL
- Remote desktop connectivity
Skill Level Beginner
1. Advanced Networking Devices
Virtual private networks (VPNs)12m 41s
Introduction to VLANs11m 48s
InterVLAN routing3m 6s
Interface with managed switches10m 59s
Switch port protection6m 37s
Port bonding7m 11s
Port mirroring3m 29s
Quality of service5m 7s
IDS vs. IPS4m 25s
Proxy servers12m 41s
Load balancing8m 29s
Device placement scenarios12m 50s
3. Remote Connectivity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.