Mike talks about how to duplicate the traffic from one router port to another port.
- I've got a little problem…with my old Cisco 3550 switch here.…You see the problem's not really with the switch.…The problem is one of the devices…that I have plugged into it.…It's giving me a lot of weird information.…It's running hard.…I'm nervous that things are coming in and out…of that device that I don't wanna see.…Now, I could go to that device and do all kinds of things,…but it's a busy computer, so what I want to be able…to do is monitor all the IP traffic coming in and out…of this device and I want to do it remotely.…Normally with a switch you can't do that.…
The beauty of a switch is…that it's a point-to-point connection,…so I can't sniff the traffic going in and out…of one port from a different port.…Well, with a good managed switch,…you can, and we call this port mirroring.…What we're gonna do here is we're gonna…configure this switch to say, listen, I want you…to listen in on the port…that that bad computer's plugged into, and I want you…to send all the traffic, in and out, that's coming…from that bad computer, and I want you…
- Making secure connections through tunnels
- InterVLAN routing
- Port bonding and port mirroring
- IDS vs. IPS
- Routing and switching with IPv6
- Packet switching
- ISDN and BPL
- Remote desktop connectivity
Skill Level Beginner
1. Advanced Networking Devices
Virtual private networks (VPNs)12m 41s
Introduction to VLANs11m 48s
InterVLAN routing3m 6s
Interface with managed switches10m 59s
Switch port protection6m 37s
Port bonding7m 11s
Port mirroring3m 29s
Quality of service5m 7s
IDS vs. IPS4m 25s
Proxy servers12m 41s
Load balancing8m 29s
Device placement scenarios12m 50s
3. Remote Connectivity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.