Mike looks at how to improve network throughput from a router by combining traffic onto multiple router ports.
- I've got two switches here that are trunked together…through one single trunk line.…And, well I've got a problem.…I have so many devices working on these two switches,…well clearly they're not plugged in right now,…but normally they are,…that my trunk line is getting overwhelmed,…and I need to come up with some way…to increase the bandwidth of my trunk line.…Now I guess I could buy new switches that were higher speed.…But I'd like to keep using what I have.…So what we're gonna do is we're gonna…do something called port bonding.…
Now port bonding has about a bazillion names to it.…It's called link aggregation, channel bonding,…port trunking, NIC trunking, NIC teaming.…There's a million different names for this…but comp quia concentrates on the term port bonding…and that's what I want us to concentrate on.…So what we're gonna be doing here is we're gonna…go through a process of taking two ports on…each one of these devices, and by the way,…this is not limited to two,…you could go with more than two if you'd like.…
- Making secure connections through tunnels
- InterVLAN routing
- Port bonding and port mirroring
- IDS vs. IPS
- Routing and switching with IPv6
- Packet switching
- ISDN and BPL
- Remote desktop connectivity
Skill Level Beginner
1. Advanced Networking Devices
Virtual private networks (VPNs)12m 41s
Introduction to VLANs11m 48s
InterVLAN routing3m 6s
Interface with managed switches10m 59s
Switch port protection6m 37s
Port bonding7m 11s
Port mirroring3m 29s
Quality of service5m 7s
IDS vs. IPS4m 25s
Proxy servers12m 41s
Load balancing8m 29s
Device placement scenarios12m 50s
3. Remote Connectivity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.