In this video, Mike explores preventative controls, such as guards and fences.
- There are a lot of physical controls…that you're gonna be seeing on the exam,…so let's take some time and talk about them.…Now, even though there are quite a few different types…of physical controls, let's take advantage…of the fact that we are aware,…assuming you've been watching other episodes,…of control functions and let's break it down that way.…So, let's start off with deterrent controls.…A deterrent physical control is designed…to prevent bad guys from trying…to actually get into your physical infrastructure.…
So, they are things that people can see from the outside…that's going to prevent them from even trying.…So, the three that I wanna talk about,…first of all, are lighting.…As everyone knows, a well-lit exterior…is gonna prevent bad guys from trying to get in.…Number two is signage.…If you put a good enough sign and it's scary enough,…hopefully that'll deter some of the bad actors as well.…Last, and this is a big one and we're gonna see this again,…are security guards.…Nobody wants to have to go into any type…
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- What is risk management?
- Managing change to a network
- Mitigating network threats
- Training users
- Denial of service and social engineering attacks
- Hardening devices
- Testing network security
- Network monitoring
- Security information and event management (SIEM) tools