In this video, Mike examines the methods that an organization can use to protect its network from both external and internal threats.
- Network threats happen.…It's just a way of life.…You're never gonna stop 'em cold.…The idea is to mitigate them as much as possible.…Let's talk about mitigating threats to your network.…To do that, there's really four big areas.…Number one is training and awareness.…You'd be amazed how much a little bit of training…for your users will go in terms of preventing people…from doing dumb things like opening up phishing emails…or coming into the office and plugging in…their own rogue wireless access point.…
People just need to know about this stuff.…They need to be aware of these things.…I don't care all the anti-privacy screens…and anti-malware and door locks in the world…aren't going to beat ignorance.…Good training will go a long way.…Second is patch management.…What we're talking about here is that…all operating systems and also even router firmware…and things like that, they get updated a lot.…It's important for us to take advantage of these updates.…
There's a lot of issues with updating.…Everybody's got their horror story…
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- What is risk management?
- Managing change to a network
- Mitigating network threats
- Training users
- Denial of service and social engineering attacks
- Hardening devices
- Testing network security
- Network monitoring
- Security information and event management (SIEM) tools