In this video, Mike talks about types of malware and what they do.
- The chances of you watching this video…and never having to deal with malware is pretty small,…but in this episode, what I want to do is,…let's just talk about malware.…Now, to get things started,…what I wanna say is that malware is nothing more…than software that is running on your system…that A, you don't want it there,…and B, it may or may not be doing something naughty.…In most cases it's doing something naughty.…So what I wanna do in this episode…is go through each of the different types of malware…that are listed on the exam,…starting with a virus.…
Now it makes me laugh a little bit…when I see the word "virus" on the exam,…because really, virus is a very old-fashioned term.…Viruses go back to the mid-1980s, arguably,…and a virus is a piece of software…that somehow gets on your computer.…Now keep in mind, we're talking about before Internet.…So back in the old days, a virus would…get on your computer through a floppy disk,…you ever heard of those?…Or more modern, maybe a thumb drive.…So what would happen is a virus would get on your system,…
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- What is risk management?
- Managing change to a network
- Mitigating network threats
- Training users
- Denial of service and social engineering attacks
- Hardening devices
- Testing network security
- Network monitoring
- Security information and event management (SIEM) tools