Mike explores the concepts of load balancing, as well as why and how to implement this type of configuration.
- I'm really excited because I've got myself…a web server serving something cool,…whatever it is, you know, the new Mike Web App…or whatever it might be.…So, I'm real happy with my web server,…in fact, I'm just gonna put "WWW" up here…to remind us it's a web server.…I'm so happy with my web server…because more and more people are accessing my web server…and after a while I need some help…because I've got so many people accessing my web server…that it's slowing this guy down.…
So, what I need to do is come up with…a way to have lots and lots of web servers,…but if I have lots and lots of web servers…they have to be giving out the same thing…and they have to be doing it at the same time…and there could be a lot of challenges.…So, what we're gonna talk about…in this episode is load balancing.…Load balancing simply means to be able…to have lots of servers giving out the same thing…and to do it in a nice, even way.…We're gonna be using web servers here,…but it's not limited to web servers.…There's all kinds of stuff that uses load balancing,…
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Making secure connections through tunnels
- InterVLAN routing
- Port bonding and port mirroring
- IDS vs. IPS
- Routing and switching with IPv6
- Packet switching
- ISDN and BPL
- Remote desktop connectivity
Skill Level Beginner
1. Advanced Networking Devices
Virtual private networks (VPNs)12m 41s
Introduction to VLANs11m 48s
InterVLAN routing3m 6s
Interface with managed switches10m 59s
Switch port protection6m 37s
Port bonding7m 11s
Port mirroring3m 29s
Quality of service5m 7s
IDS vs. IPS4m 25s
Proxy servers12m 41s
Load balancing8m 29s
Device placement scenarios12m 50s
3. Remote Connectivity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.