Mike explores the concepts and processes behind virtual LANs, including managed switches and trunking.
- I've got kind of a simplified little piece…of my network right here for you to look at.…Now, what I want you to pay attention to is the fact that,…well, first of all, I've got two switches,…and these are great old switches,…they work fantastically well,…and everybody on my network plugs into them,…so we usually use these red cables.…I've got this laptop right here so,…he's the only guy plugged in right now,…well, technically not the only guy.…The other thing I have is a crossover cable here…that interconnects the two switches,…and then I have one of four different wireless access points…that are used for wireless throughout my network plugged in…to these switches as well.…
All right, so this is my basic setup,…but I've got a problem.…And the problem I have…is that I have a lot of public people coming in…and using my wireless network.…I want them to, it's a good thing, okay?…But the challenge is is that I'm plugging my switches…and my servers and everything into…this one big broadcast domain.…So a bad person could, in theory,…
- Making secure connections through tunnels
- InterVLAN routing
- Port bonding and port mirroring
- IDS vs. IPS
- Routing and switching with IPv6
- Packet switching
- ISDN and BPL
- Remote desktop connectivity
Skill Level Beginner
1. Advanced Networking Devices
Virtual private networks (VPNs)12m 41s
Introduction to VLANs11m 48s
InterVLAN routing3m 6s
Interface with managed switches10m 59s
Switch port protection6m 37s
Port bonding7m 11s
Port mirroring3m 29s
Quality of service5m 7s
IDS vs. IPS4m 25s
Proxy servers12m 41s
Load balancing8m 29s
Device placement scenarios12m 50s
3. Remote Connectivity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.