Mike shows how to network between virtual LANs.
- One of the big issues when you're setting up VLANs…is that you have literally taken one big network…and separated it into two separate broadcast domains.…Now that's good because from security reasons…and such we like that, but the downside…is there are some times you want these two separate networks…to be able to talk to each other.…And you can but it can be a little bit messy,…so let's take a look over here.…So just to keep things simple, what I'm gonna say…is I've set up this entire switch to be on VLAN two…and this switch underneath it be on VLAN three.…
Now of course we don't have to do it that way,…we could have ports on two and three all over the place.…But just for simplicity's sake…we're gonna say it's that way.…Now what I've done is I've thrown an old router…on top of the two switches, and I'm gonna show you…how we used to do things in the old days.…If I've got two separate VLANs,…I'm gonna have to use a router to interconnect them.…So I'm gonna go something like this.…On this particular router it has two ethernet ports,…
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Making secure connections through tunnels
- InterVLAN routing
- Port bonding and port mirroring
- IDS vs. IPS
- Routing and switching with IPv6
- Packet switching
- ISDN and BPL
- Remote desktop connectivity
Skill Level Beginner
1. Advanced Networking Devices
Virtual private networks (VPNs)12m 41s
Introduction to VLANs11m 48s
InterVLAN routing3m 6s
Interface with managed switches10m 59s
Switch port protection6m 37s
Port bonding7m 11s
Port mirroring3m 29s
Quality of service5m 7s
IDS vs. IPS4m 25s
Proxy servers12m 41s
Load balancing8m 29s
Device placement scenarios12m 50s
3. Remote Connectivity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.