Mike looks at two more methods for connecting the Internet, ISDN (Integrated Services Digital Network) and BPL (broadband over power lines).
- It wouldn't be a CompTIA examination…if the test objectives didn't cover a couple of things…that I consider rare and weird.…So, I'm gonna dump them together in this episode real quick…just so we can knock them out.…So that we know what to say on the exam itself.…The two technologies I want to talk about are ISDN and BPL.…ISDN stands for Integrated Services Digital Network,…and it's a very old way that we used to use…to make what we called Last Mile Dial-up Connections.…ISDN is unique in that it's digital, number one,…and that it also has a telephone number associated with it.…
So you could actually use a telephone number…and you could call between ISDN devices.…Keep in mind, with all the other WAN technologies…we've discussed, there is no telephone number.…It's either connected or it's not connected.…So, ISDN is kind of interesting.…It ran at a whopping, well there actually was…a 64k version, which very few people used,…but for the most part it ran at 128k.…Which sounds awfully slow, but considering the time period…
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Making secure connections through tunnels
- InterVLAN routing
- Port bonding and port mirroring
- IDS vs. IPS
- Routing and switching with IPv6
- Packet switching
- ISDN and BPL
- Remote desktop connectivity
Skill Level Beginner
1. Advanced Networking Devices
Virtual private networks (VPNs)12m 41s
Introduction to VLANs11m 48s
InterVLAN routing3m 6s
Interface with managed switches10m 59s
Switch port protection6m 37s
Port bonding7m 11s
Port mirroring3m 29s
Quality of service5m 7s
IDS vs. IPS4m 25s
Proxy servers12m 41s
Load balancing8m 29s
Device placement scenarios12m 50s
3. Remote Connectivity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.