Learn how to address IP shortcuts, handle IPv6 addressing, and how special addressing components are handled.
- [Instructor] If you want to understand IPv6 we've…gotta start at the beginning and that is dealing with…Ipv6 addresses.…So in this episode, all we're gonna be doing is…understanding the actual IPv6 address structure,…what it looks like and some tricks we can do…to manipulate it.…So let's go ahead and get started and…I'm gonna go ahead and throw…an IPv6 address down right there.…Now if you look at this address,…number one you're gonna notice it's broken up…into eight groups of four hexadecimal values,…separated by a colon.…
Now you need to be careful because on the exam they have…a couple of really simple questions that will say things…like which one of these is a valid IPv6 address and…you need to be comfortable,…always start with you're gonna have eight groups…separated by seven columns.…So this is a lot of writing,…so if you can imagine a world where you are in a…static environment and you have to type this stuff in,…it would be nice if we had some shortcuts.…So I want to show you some of the shortcuts that we use,…
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Making secure connections through tunnels
- InterVLAN routing
- Port bonding and port mirroring
- IDS vs. IPS
- Routing and switching with IPv6
- Packet switching
- ISDN and BPL
- Remote desktop connectivity