Mike discusses IPv6 configurations, how IPv6 is handled by routers, and how it’s detected in a network and on the internet.
- We've talked about the basics of IPv6,…but let's go ahead and actually watch IPv6 in action.…Now, before we get started,…there's one thing I wanna stress to you.…And that is the idea of the EUI-64 addressing…used for the IPv6 addresses.…Take a look right now on my screen.…What I wanna show you is--…I'm on a Windows system, I'm running ipconfig /all.…There it is.…So what I want you to do is look very closely here.…You see my Mac address?…Let's just look at the last digits here, so it says 5A-50.…
Now, according to the rules of EUI-64,…we should be able to see that 5A-50…in the IPv6 addresses.…But if you look, we don't see that.…But what's going on here?…Well, the answer is simple.…If you're generating the last half of your IPv6 address…from your Mac address using EUI-64,…there is a traceability to your system…from any data you're sending out the door.…
Remember there is no private IP addresses…in the world of IPv6.…All IPv6 addresses are public.…Net is dead.…192.168 stuff, it's gone.…So unless your firewall's properly configured,…
- Making secure connections through tunnels
- InterVLAN routing
- Port bonding and port mirroring
- IDS vs. IPS
- Routing and switching with IPv6
- Packet switching
- ISDN and BPL
- Remote desktop connectivity
Skill Level Beginner
1. Advanced Networking Devices
Virtual private networks (VPNs)12m 41s
Introduction to VLANs11m 48s
InterVLAN routing3m 6s
Interface with managed switches10m 59s
Switch port protection6m 37s
Port bonding7m 11s
Port mirroring3m 29s
Quality of service5m 7s
IDS vs. IPS4m 25s
Proxy servers12m 41s
Load balancing8m 29s
Device placement scenarios12m 50s
3. Remote Connectivity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.