Mike looks at intrusion detection systems (IDS) and intrusion protection systems (IPS).
- I've got a little network right here.…So this yellow box is gonna be my switch,…and these individual little cylinders…are gonna be my hosts.…And this guy right here is my connection to the internet.…So he's just gonna be at this moment,…well, just a router.…Now, when we look at this network,…it's really, really, important to us…that, well, we don't let naughty things…happen to our network.…So within the internet world,…the first line of defense is going to be a firewall.…
Now the firewall's main job is to prevent…naughty things from the outside world…coming into our network.…So traditionally a firewall is going to be right here.…So that's why so many routers…also have built-in firewall features.…Now, a router doesn't have to have that.…If we wanted to, we could go out and buy…a specialized firewall device.…And now we can have our router…and then our firewall as its own separate device.…Barracuda, Pinnacle, a lot of people will…sell you a box like this.…
And this thing is being updated,…so it's always aware of evil things that are out there.…
- Making secure connections through tunnels
- InterVLAN routing
- Port bonding and port mirroring
- IDS vs. IPS
- Routing and switching with IPv6
- Packet switching
- ISDN and BPL
- Remote desktop connectivity
Skill Level Beginner
1. Advanced Networking Devices
Virtual private networks (VPNs)12m 41s
Introduction to VLANs11m 48s
InterVLAN routing3m 6s
Interface with managed switches10m 59s
Switch port protection6m 37s
Port bonding7m 11s
Port mirroring3m 29s
Quality of service5m 7s
IDS vs. IPS4m 25s
Proxy servers12m 41s
Load balancing8m 29s
Device placement scenarios12m 50s
3. Remote Connectivity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.