In this video, Mike reminds you that there is more than one way to do a DMZ.
- Our networks are filled with stuff.…I've just got a few things laying around here.…I got a generic manage switch.…I've got a nice little IP camera over here.…I've got my Microsoft Surface,…and I've got a smart device in my hand.…And when we're talking about hardening devices,…the exam really looks at this from a very generic level.…In terms of, you have to think about…all the different things that are out there…and how you'll harden them.…Now, in a number of episodes, we've covered…a bunch of different hardening issues,…but in this particular issue,…I want to cover a few more and develop it…from a more holistic levels.…
We talk about, I don't care if it's a switch…or a camera or a smart phone,…there are certain things that we always think about…when we talk about hardening a device…so that bad guys can't do naughty thing to it.…So, let's go ahead and get started…with the idea of user accounts.…Pretty much all devices have some form…of user account associated with them.…For this switch, it's going to have…an administrator account for me to log in…
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- What is risk management?
- Managing change to a network
- Mitigating network threats
- Training users
- Denial of service and social engineering attacks
- Hardening devices
- Testing network security
- Network monitoring
- Security information and event management (SIEM) tools