This video provides a tour of a typical SOHO infrastructure, from the equipment room to the demarc and back again.
- Welcome to the equipment rule for Total Seminars.…Now in a structured cabling situation…like what we have here, we have a pretty small network.…So I have just this one little rack…with some equipment on it, now first of all…this is a 19 inch rack, and that's pretty much…the standard for all equipment racks.…Now if you take a look behind me you can actually see…the blue and white cables that are the horizontal rungs…coming in for all the devices all over my network.…Now there are two different ways…that we can look at the equipment room.…
Number one, you're going to have what's known as…your main distribution frame, or MDF.…In my office, this is the main distribution frame,…you can see behind me there's all kinds of connections…to the outside world, and this is…where it all comes together is right here.…Now in 10 years, when Total Seminars becomes this huge…megalopolis of training and we have a six story building,…I'll have equipment racks on every floor.…And while this one will stay the main distribution frame…
- Network topologies
- Fire ratings
- Ethernet basics
- Hubs vs. switches
- 100BASE-T, gigabit, and 10-gigabit Ethernet
- Installing structured cabling
- Testing cable
- Locating cables and connectors with a toner and probe
- Wired connections
Skill Level Beginner
1. Cabling and Topology
2. Ethernet Basics
3. Modern Ethernet
4. Installing a Physical Network
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.