Mike shows you techniques on using and configuring firewalls.
- Okay, now what I have in front of me…is a fairly typical network setup.…This is my internal network and there's lots of switches…and there's lots of computers and printers…and scanners and all kinds of stuff here.…I am too lazy to show you all that,…so I'm just using a little half circle to represent that.…These guys are all connected to one,…in this particular example, a gateway router,…and this router is also a firewall in this situation,…and he goes out and is connected to the internet.…This is not an uncommon setup that you'll see…with a lot of networks out there.…
Now, but I wanna do something different this time.…What I wanna do is I wanna set up a Minecraft server…and I wanna set up a web server.…I wanna have a website and I wanna run all this myself.…Now to do that I need to do this in such a way…that I can expose my Minecraft server…and my web server to the public internet,…but at the same time protect my internal network.…Any time you have some number of computers…that are exposed to the public internet…
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- What is risk management?
- Managing change to a network
- Mitigating network threats
- Training users
- Denial of service and social engineering attacks
- Hardening devices
- Testing network security
- Network monitoring
- Security information and event management (SIEM) tools