Mike talks about connecting to the internet from outer space.
- One of the big problems with technologies…like DSL and cable modems is that they require you…to be roughly within 18,000 feet of some central office.…Cable modems really don't have an 18,000-foot limitation.…They do have a limitation,…but it's really kind of invisible to us as users.…Well, we can't all do that, and that's where technologies…like satellite really make the difference.…This is a satellite receiver,…and, well, I should add, let me be more accurate,…this is a satellite transmitter and receiver.…
And this is fairly typical of the internet-based…satellite connections that you can get.…Satellite isn't nearly as fast as DSL and cable,…usually topping out, at best,…maybe about three megabits per second,…and that's synchronous.…However, that information's a bit dated.…Today's satellites are asynchronous with downloads…which we can see around 12 megabits per second…and uploads around three megabits per second.…When you can't get anything else,…as long as you can see a satellite,…you can use a satellite receiver.…
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Making secure connections through tunnels
- InterVLAN routing
- Port bonding and port mirroring
- IDS vs. IPS
- Routing and switching with IPv6
- Packet switching
- ISDN and BPL
- Remote desktop connectivity
Skill Level Beginner
1. Advanced Networking Devices
Virtual private networks (VPNs)12m 41s
Introduction to VLANs11m 48s
InterVLAN routing3m 6s
Interface with managed switches10m 59s
Switch port protection6m 37s
Port bonding7m 11s
Port mirroring3m 29s
Quality of service5m 7s
IDS vs. IPS4m 25s
Proxy servers12m 41s
Load balancing8m 29s
Device placement scenarios12m 50s
3. Remote Connectivity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.