In this video, explore CAT cables, their details, and their speed and distance specifications.
- Unshielded twisted pair has been around for decades.…And like any technology it goes through improvements.…And one of the big improvements that we see with…unshielded twisted pair is its ability to work…with faster and faster networks.…To show what type of unshielded twisted pair cables…work with certain speeds of networks, we use…something called categories or Cat ratings.…Now these Cat ratings have been around for a long, long…time and what I wanna do is go over some of the Cat…ratings that are still in play a little bit.…
For example, if I were to look at this little piece…of telephone cable, it has a Cat rating called Cat 1…which basically means please don't use this for networks.…It's really just for telephone systems.…However when we're talking about Cat ratings that…work for network systems, we have certain numbers…that are very, very important.…So before we go into the numbers, let me make sure…you can take a look, for example if we take a look…at this cable right here, I don't know,…can you see where it says Cat 6 on there?…
- Network topologies
- Fire ratings
- Ethernet basics
- Hubs vs. switches
- 100BASE-T, gigabit, and 10-gigabit Ethernet
- Installing structured cabling
- Testing cable
- Locating cables and connectors with a toner and probe
- Wired connections
Skill Level Beginner
1. Cabling and Topology
2. Ethernet Basics
3. Modern Ethernet
4. Installing a Physical Network
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.