Mike looks at industrial control systems and the broader scale supervisory control and data acquisition technologies.
- One of my favorite jobs when I was a young man…was working in a cheese plant.…Yeah (laughs), I made cheese.…I made 23,000 pounds of cheddar cheese…every night in Allentown, Pennsylvania.…It wasn't just me; I was part of a big crew…of about 100 guys, and all we did…every night was make cheese.…No, I'm not kidding.…It was really a cool job, though.…I don't know if you know anything about making cheese,…but basically you take milk and you put stuff in it…and it curdles, and now you have curds and whey.…You age that a little bit, then you drain out…the whey, and you take the curds…and you squish it together and you end up…having delicious cheddar cheese.…
I made some good cheese, too, by the way.…Anyway, in this process; you can only imagine…big vats where we're stirring the milk…and the rennet together.…These things have to be stirred.…There are things watching temperature, and pressure,…and light, and timers, and all this stuff…just pouring through huge pipes into these…big tables that would stir it some more…and then drain out.…
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Making secure connections through tunnels
- InterVLAN routing
- Port bonding and port mirroring
- IDS vs. IPS
- Routing and switching with IPv6
- Packet switching
- ISDN and BPL
- Remote desktop connectivity
Skill Level Beginner
1. Advanced Networking Devices
Virtual private networks (VPNs)12m 41s
Introduction to VLANs11m 48s
InterVLAN routing3m 6s
Interface with managed switches10m 59s
Switch port protection6m 37s
Port bonding7m 11s
Port mirroring3m 29s
Quality of service5m 7s
IDS vs. IPS4m 25s
Proxy servers12m 41s
Load balancing8m 29s
Device placement scenarios12m 50s
3. Remote Connectivity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.