Join Mark Thomas for an in-depth discussion in this video IT operations management, part of Cert Prep: ITIL Foundations.
- Okay you might remember when we started…talking about functions a few videos ago…we have the service desk, technical management,…and application management, and then overlapping…the technical and application management…was IT operations okay.…So IT operations management essentially has…two big pieces here that I want to hit.…One is called IT operations control and one…is called facilities management.…What are we talking about in IT operations control?…First is the console management, the operations bridge.…This is the active monitoring that's going on.…
Think event management, think some of the terms…you may have heard is the NOC, the fishbowl…where we have the dark room with all the…monitoring screens, the alerts are coming up.…That's the operations bridge and looking at the consoles.…That's one of the key things that we…want this group to accomplish.…Job scheduling, the batch jobs, the typical…types of jobs that are taking place, the backup…and restore, those types of things.…It's the master scheduling operations of those…
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. This ITIL Foundations course is offered by Interface Technical Training, ATO of EXIN.
Skill Level Advanced
Qualification scheme3m 51s
1. Service Life Cycle
2. Service Management as a Practice
3. Key Principles, Models, and Concepts
4. Life-Cycle Phases
5. Life-Cycle Processes: Part One
6. Life-Cycle Processes: Part Two
7. Service-Management Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.