Join Mark Thomas for an in-depth discussion in this video The four phases of Release and Deployment Management, part of ITIL Foundations.
- View Offline
- Okay, within release and deployment management,…still in transition, four primary phases…that we go through in a release.…And they're release and deployment planning,…build test, deploy it, review and close.…Seems pretty easy, right?…But there's a lot of moving parts here…we need to make sure that we're aware of.…So first, let's start with the deployment planning.…So this the planning phase of that deployment…within transition, so remember it begins…with change management authorization,…we hid that back in change.…Now remember change is the approval authority for us,…so change says "you have the authority now…"to go into release and deployment planning"…and when we are finished with that planning,…we get the authorization from change managment…to create the release, so change is actually controlling…how we walk through and doing…the appropriate approvals on these things.…
So, in planning, making sure that we have…the test plans understood, what the pass/fail…or what the criteria will be for moving through…the four phases, the logistics, the planning…
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. This ITIL Foundations course is offered by Interface Technical Training, ATO of EXIN.
Skill Level Advanced
Qualification scheme3m 51s
1. Service Life Cycle
2. Service Management as a Practice
3. Key Principles, Models, and Concepts
4. Life-Cycle Phases
5. Life-Cycle Processes: Part One
6. Life-Cycle Processes: Part Two
7. Service-Management Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.