Join Mark Thomas for an in-depth discussion in this video What is a service?, part of Cert Prep: ITIL Foundations.
- If we want to take a service oriented approach…we have to really understand what a service is.…And so, a service is a means of delivering value…to customers by facilitating outcomes the customers…want to achieve without the ownership…of specific costs and risks.…They're asking us in IT to deliver this for them…because the business isn't prepared…or it does not want to actually do it themselves,…so that's we want to look at the service oriented approach.…And so, as we're taking a look at this,…let's talk about what a service facilitates.…
A service facilitates outcomes.…These are, I'm going to read a little bit to you here…you might want to listen through this,…so outcomes is the result of carrying out an activity,…following a process or delivering an IT service intended…as well as actual results.…So, by providing required performance while reducing…the influence of constraints, constraints could be…resources, regulations, contracts etc.…So, moving towards an outcome based service delivery,…moves the IT beyond the business IT alignment…
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. This ITIL Foundations course is offered by Interface Technical Training, ATO of EXIN.
Skill Level Advanced
Qualification scheme3m 51s
1. Service Life Cycle
2. Service Management as a Practice
3. Key Principles, Models, and Concepts
4. Life-Cycle Phases
5. Life-Cycle Processes: Part One
6. Life-Cycle Processes: Part Two
7. Service-Management Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.