Join Mark Thomas for an in-depth discussion in this video What comprises value?, part of Cert Prep: ITIL Foundations.
- Okay, so we've talked about service management…capabilities and resources, we've talked about…providing value for our customers.…But what really are we talking about when…we provide value for our customers?…So, it's important to remember that the sole purpose…of an IT organization is to provide value in the form…of these services that we have been talking about…to the business so the business can achieve…its overall objectives and its goals.…Now, in order to do that, we have to address…two distinct areas and we called those utility and warranty…we saw those on a previous slide.…So, remember, utility, what I like to say about utility…it's what you gonna get.…
So I think about this, it's what.…So we talk about utility, what the costumer gets…and we called that fit for purpose.…So let me read you what utility from the book:…"The functionality offered by a product or service.…"From the customers perspective, utility is operationalized…"by achieving specific results…"or by preventig specific risks and costs."…So that's utility, the what, it's fit for purpose.…
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. This ITIL Foundations course is offered by Interface Technical Training, ATO of EXIN.
Skill Level Advanced
Qualification scheme3m 51s
1. Service Life Cycle
2. Service Management as a Practice
3. Key Principles, Models, and Concepts
4. Life-Cycle Phases
5. Life-Cycle Processes: Part One
6. Life-Cycle Processes: Part Two
7. Service-Management Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.