With RIP version 2 configured, it's important to verify that it was configured correctly. In this video, Todd Lammle shows you how to verify your network when running the RIPv2 routing protocol. He focuses on some key commands you need to know for the CCNA exam, like show ip route and show ip protocols.
- [Instructor] Now that we have RIP running…on our internetwork,…it is extremely important that you can verify RIP routing.…Configuring RIP is very simple,…as you know, as I showed you.…But you have to be able to verify it.…So, I'm going to log into corp router.…Now I don't have to be in privilege mode to verify,…but I'm going to go ahead and do it.…First thing I'm going to do is show ip route.…And let's talk about this some more in detail now.…Down here at the bottom I see my RIP injected routes,…as I've already explained I have two routes to network 20,…which is off the LA router.…
But first, let's take a look at this first line.…Rip, 192, 168, 10, zero.…The administrative distance is 120.…And slash, that's the metric,…so administrative distance slash metric.…120 means I'm not very trustworthy, really.…And then slash one means I'm one hop away.…Cause RIP uses a metric of hops.…So, it's saying hey, to get to network 10,…which is one hop away,…go out, my next neighbor is 172, 16, 10, two, right?…We know that's for a fact, the San Francisco router.…
For more information on the CCENT exam, visit Cisco's website.
- Overview of internetworking
- The TCP/IP networking model
- Easy subnetting
- Managing Cisco IOS
- Managing Cisco networks and devices
- IP routing
- Layer 2 switching
- VLANs and InterVLAN routing
- Network address translation
Skill Level Intermediate
Internetworking devices4m 20s
3. Introduction to TCP/IP
4. Easy Subnetting
5. VLSM, Summarization, and Troubleshooting TCP/IP
6. Cisco Internetworking Operating System (IOS)
7. Managing a Cisco Internetwork
8. IP Routing
9. Layer 2 Switching
10. VLANs and InterVLAN Routing (IVR)
12. Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.