Join Mark Thomas for an in-depth discussion in this video Value to the business of Service Transition, part of ITIL Foundations.
- View Offline
- Okay we've talked a lot about service transition.…The processes in service transition.…How we've gone strategy design…and now we took a look at…the key points of a transition phase.…But why is this really valuable to the business?…Hopefully this has become very clear.…Without service transition,…without formal transition processes, policies,…and procedures it's the "Wild West".…Changes get put into production without being reviewed.…There are high risk changes that are overlooked.…
There's major disruption to the business operations.…There may be compliance issues involved with that…by not controlling the service assets…and the configuration items.…We have new or changed services in production…that we have no knowledge about.…We have no understanding of the aspects…because we haven't had a proper knowledge management system…or SKMS to help us,…to help us with a kind of central place to store that.…We haven't tested well.…You can see that a lot of the stuff can be avoided…by having some of the key processses.…
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. This ITIL Foundations course is offered by Interface Technical Training, ATO of EXIN.
Skill Level Advanced
Qualification scheme3m 51s
1. Service Life Cycle
2. Service Management as a Practice
3. Key Principles, Models, and Concepts
4. Life-Cycle Phases
5. Life-Cycle Processes: Part One
6. Life-Cycle Processes: Part Two
7. Service-Management Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.