Join Mark Thomas for an in-depth discussion in this video Value to the business of Service Operation, part of ITIL Foundations.
- Okay, all of the phases of the live cycle…are extremely valuable to the business…if you think about a strategy,…what the value is, what the services are,…how we want to support them and so on.…Service design, what are the aspects…and what are the design of that service?…Service transition, we're deploying…that new or changed service.…But service operation is the only one of these phases…that truly is visible to the customer,…so I like to think of it as waterline, right?…Service strategy, design, transition,…it's kind of bellow the water line, right?…So, customers are involved of course,…but once that service meets and gets deployed into what…we may call the production environment…or operational or live environment…it now comes up and is visible.…
So that service now, the way it performs, the way we behave,…the way we support it are now seen on a daily basis…and sometimes on a second by second basis…on how we support that.…That's why service operation is very valuable…to the business, we've got a lot of processes here…
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. This ITIL Foundations course is offered by Interface Technical Training, ATO of EXIN.
Skill Level Advanced
Qualification scheme3m 51s
1. Service Life Cycle
2. Service Management as a Practice
3. Key Principles, Models, and Concepts
4. Life-Cycle Phases
5. Life-Cycle Processes: Part One
6. Life-Cycle Processes: Part Two
7. Service-Management Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.