In this video, Todd Lammle demonstrates how to verify and troubleshoot network connectivity issues using the Cisco IOS. Through the power of the command-line interface (CLI), you'll see how to verify configurations using various show commands. Todd also explores troubleshooting and verifying using network layer and application layer protocols.
- [Instructor] Going back to my favorite router here,…the corp router, I'm going to go ahead and log in.…I'm not going to log in very far.…Cause what I'm gonna show you is…that I'm going to do some commands from user mode.…Now, you can type in show question mark…and see all the commands…that will give you a powerful output,…enable you to troubleshoot and verify your network.…In this case here, I want to do some of my basic commands…that I've been using for a while.…Show ip interface brief,…which I want you to be very familiar with,…and a show protocols,…basically the same thing but gives us our mask.…
But there's some other commands here we haven't run through.…Show ip protocols, okay,…and this is going to give me my routing protocols…that are configured on my router, in this case rip.…And we'll go through this output in detail later.…But this is the routing protocols…that build the maps of my network.…And then to see the maps of my network, show ip route.…This is my routing table,…that the routing protocols built.…
For more information on the CCENT exam, visit Cisco's website.
- Overview of internetworking
- The TCP/IP networking model
- Easy subnetting
- Managing Cisco IOS
- Managing Cisco networks and devices
- IP routing
- Layer 2 switching
- VLANs and InterVLAN routing
- Network address translation
Skill Level Intermediate
Internetworking devices4m 20s
3. Introduction to TCP/IP
4. Easy Subnetting
5. VLSM, Summarization, and Troubleshooting TCP/IP
6. Cisco Internetworking Operating System (IOS)
7. Managing a Cisco Internetwork
8. IP Routing
9. Layer 2 Switching
10. VLANs and InterVLAN Routing (IVR)
12. Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.