In this video, Todd Lammle demonstrates both Telnet and Secure Shell (SSH). Learn about the steps to Telnet to remotely connect to a router or switch. Build a SSH server on a Cisco router or switch. Once built, Todd shows you how to verify Telnet and SSH capability. Resolving IP addresses with a local host table is also covered.
- [Instructor] So, we're going to go through Telnet and SSH…and we're going to start with the corp router.…We're going to Telnet, use Telnet, Telephone Network,…to get into the San Francisco router,…let's go ahead and take a quick look.…Very, very simple.…I'm gonna log in here,…and then I can do Telnet 172.16.10.1,…that's the San Francisco IP address.…But notice I can do this,…I don't need to type in the command Telnet,…I can just type in the IP address.…This is a feature of the Cisco router…that you can either type in the IP address…or use the command Telnet…or you can type in a host name and it'll resolve it.…
Let's try that again, 172.16.10.2.…Now it is now when I type this in,…I'm gonna be in the San Francisco router.…Be careful if you Telnet to yourself like I just did,…you can create a loop here.…So now I can do things like show users out here.…See that I'm in line 514, then say clear line,…it won't let me clear it…because that's the line that I'm in,…but you could do something like that.…So now that we're in the San Francisco router,…
For more information on the CCENT exam, visit Cisco's website.
- Overview of internetworking
- The TCP/IP networking model
- Easy subnetting
- Managing Cisco IOS
- Managing Cisco networks and devices
- IP routing
- Layer 2 switching
- VLANs and InterVLAN routing
- Network address translation
Skill Level Intermediate
Internetworking devices4m 20s
3. Introduction to TCP/IP
4. Easy Subnetting
5. VLSM, Summarization, and Troubleshooting TCP/IP
6. Cisco Internetworking Operating System (IOS)
7. Managing a Cisco Internetwork
8. IP Routing
9. Layer 2 Switching
10. VLANs and InterVLAN Routing (IVR)
12. Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.