Join Mark Thomas for an in-depth discussion in this video Summary: Service management as a practice, part of Cert Prep: ITIL® 3 Foundation.
- To summarize some of the key points…of the things we just talked about over…the last couple of short videos.…We talked about some key terms.…In particular, what is a service?…So, we're going to kind of jog…your memory on a few of these things.…A service is a means of delivering value…to customers by facilitating outcomes…customers want to achieve without…the ownership of specific costs and risks.…We talked about specifically an IT service.…When IT delivers functionality to the business…that functionality is an IT service.…
And there were three basic parts…or three types of those services that we had.…First we had what was called a core service.…On the core service, this is the basic outcome.…This is what our customers are paying…us to provide for them.…And I used the example email.…Then we had what was called an enabling service.…A service that we have to have in place…and its required in order for…the core service to be delivered.…And the example I used was say, active directory.…And then finally we had the enhancing service.…
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. This ITIL Foundations course is offered by Interface Technical Training, ATO of EXIN.
Skill Level Advanced
Qualification scheme3m 51s
1. Service Life Cycle
2. Service Management as a Practice
3. Key Principles, Models, and Concepts
4. Life-Cycle Phases
5. Life-Cycle Processes: Part One
6. Life-Cycle Processes: Part Two
7. Service-Management Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.