In this video, Todd Lammle starts by looking at the network drawing of the internetwork he's using to configure and demonstrate the configuration of IP routing. Todd configures static routing on two routers using both the exit interface and the next hop address in the configuration, as well as verifies the static routes.
- [Voiceover] In order to perform static routing…as we've discussed, you must have a good network map.…And it has to be accurate.…By using CDP, verify your drawing.…In this case here, let's run out to the corp router…and San Francisco router and configure static routing.…In the corp router, we have the F0/0 interface,…the LAN which is 10.10.10.0…and then we have the directly connected 172.16.10…on San Francisco and corp.…Don't have to ever type that in,…we're directly connected.…On the San Francisco router, we have two LANs though,…one a logical one for 192 and 68.40…and the physical LAN, 192.68.10.…
So what is the corp router not directly connected to?…That's your question.…And what you're gonna type in then,…is how to get to 192.168.40…and 192.168.10.…Let's take a look.…All right, I'm logged in to corp router,…I can do do show IP route again.…And verify what I'm directly connected to…and don't type a route to something you see in here.…Okay, so I see 172.16.10…but I'm not directly connected…to 192.168.40.0.…Using this remote mask, and how do I get there?…
For more information on the CCENT exam, visit Cisco's website.
- Overview of internetworking
- The TCP/IP networking model
- Easy subnetting
- Managing Cisco IOS
- Managing Cisco networks and devices
- IP routing
- Layer 2 switching
- VLANs and InterVLAN routing
- Network address translation
Skill Level Intermediate
Internetworking devices4m 20s
3. Introduction to TCP/IP
4. Easy Subnetting
5. VLSM, Summarization, and Troubleshooting TCP/IP
6. Cisco Internetworking Operating System (IOS)
7. Managing a Cisco Internetwork
8. IP Routing
9. Layer 2 Switching
10. VLANs and InterVLAN Routing (IVR)
12. Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.