Join Mark Thomas for an in-depth discussion in this video Service Transition: Phase and process overview, part of Cert Prep: ITIL Foundations.
- Okay, let's talk about part two on the processes within the ITIL model. We're gonna talk about some things around Service Transition Service Operation, and get into CSI next, so let's jump right into Service Transition. We've already hit Service Strategy in the Service Design Processes, but in Service Transition if you recall from our earlier discussions, we take the information that's in the SDP, or the Service Design Package, and that's a major input in the Service Transition, and what we do, is we manage those changes for the services, whether it's a new service, a changed service, or whether we're retiring a service.
It goes through these transition processes, so that we can improve these into the operational environment. And so, with Service Transition, there're seven processes that work on managing the change, the build-test-deploy capturing knowledge, with the associated deployment of that IT service. So the output of this phase, is essentially the implementation of service, or the newer changed service, it's making sure that it goes over to the operational groups. So let's take a look at some of the processes we have in here, remember within, within the foundation level course, even though we have seven processes in the ITIL framework itself, we're only going to hit a few of them.
So we're gonna talk about five specifically. So, Service Transition, these are the processes that we'll hit, number one, what we call Transition, Planning and Support, TPS, is the first process we'll talk about, we have Service Asset and Configuration Management, I also call it SACM, or Service Asset Configuration Management, Change Management, pretty popular process, we'll spend some time on that one, Release and Deployment Management, I'll just call that Release.
We have what's called Knowledge Management. And the two additional processes, again these are not part of the foundation course, but they're called Service Validation and Testing, I'll just put SVT up there, and we have what's called Change Valuation, okay. These are the processes that we're gonna hit in the next several modules.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. This ITIL Foundations course is offered by Interface Technical Training, ATO of EXIN.
Skill Level Advanced
Qualification scheme3m 51s
1. Service Life Cycle
2. Service Management as a Practice
3. Key Principles, Models, and Concepts
4. Life-Cycle Phases
5. Life-Cycle Processes: Part One
6. Life-Cycle Processes: Part Two
7. Service-Management Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.