Join Mark Thomas for an in-depth discussion in this video Service Knowledge Management System, part of ITIL Foundations.
- Okay, so if we think in the service transition phase,…the way we're looking at right now, a lot…of the processes that we have, remember we're…taking these newer change services,…we're transitioning them into the operational…or the target environments for use.…So part of service transition, one of the…key concepts we talked about earlier was…this thing called an SKMS, or a…service knowledge management system.…Remember that is a set of tools and a set…of database used to manage…knowledge and information.…So if you take a look at this schematic…on what we call the SKMS, first thing I want…you to notice on here, there are different layers…as a part of this.…
So as you're architecting an SKMS, it's important…to understand the layers, for example,…we have a data layer, and what are the tools…in the databases used to store and keep that data?…How do we define those?…We have an information integration layer,…which is now where we have things called,…you know, the databases, the integrated CMDB,…configuration management database, other data,…
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. This ITIL Foundations course is offered by Interface Technical Training, ATO of EXIN.
Skill Level Advanced
Qualification scheme3m 51s
1. Service Life Cycle
2. Service Management as a Practice
3. Key Principles, Models, and Concepts
4. Life-Cycle Phases
5. Life-Cycle Processes: Part One
6. Life-Cycle Processes: Part Two
7. Service-Management Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.