Join Mark Thomas for an in-depth discussion in this video Service Desk and objectives, part of ITIL Foundations.
- The first of the four functions within the ITIL framework…is what we call the "service desk".…This is the single point of contact…between the users and our IT service provider,…really around operational types of issues, right?…So, you want to be able to funnel calls…so that you can manage requests,…manage incidents in an organized fashion…and in an efficient manner.…Therefore the primary aim here of this service desk…is to restore normal service to the users…as quickly as possible.…So, it could mean basically…incident service requests and so on.…
When we say "normal service",…what I'm referring to there is…what the service level expectations are of that service.…When you take a look at…the service desk restoring normal service,…restoration of service can be really…defined very, very, broadly, right?…Fixing a failed component, managing a service request,…answering a general question,…or providing some instructions for users.…So, it's very important to know that it's very broad-based.…Therefore, staffing of the service desk,…
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. This ITIL Foundations course is offered by Interface Technical Training, ATO of EXIN.
Skill Level Advanced
Qualification scheme3m 51s
1. Service Life Cycle
2. Service Management as a Practice
3. Key Principles, Models, and Concepts
4. Life-Cycle Phases
5. Life-Cycle Processes: Part One
6. Life-Cycle Processes: Part Two
7. Service-Management Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.