Join Mark Thomas for an in-depth discussion in this video Service Design: Phase and processes overview, part of Cert Prep: ITIL Foundations.
- So now that we've talked about the processes that we have within Service Strategy, let's take a look a little bit more down the Service Design path, and so that's where we're going to hit next. There's a lot of processes in here, so in Service Design, remember what we're looking at is improving and optimizing the service, things that come into us from Service Strategy, we're turning that strategy into a plan for how we deliver those objectives in a lot of processes we have here. So, let's make a new slide and kind of keep track of the processes we have here. So, in Service Design, lot of processes we have.
So, the first one we're gonna talk about is what's called Design Coordination, second one, Service Catalog, we have Service Level Management, I hope you're okay with me putting SLM down for Service Level Management, we have Availability, we have Capacity, we have IT Service Continuity, I'm just gonna call this Continuity.
Let's see, we have Information Security, we'll just call this Security, and then we have Supplier Management. For all these processes, what we need to make sure we understand is the purpose objectives, and scope of each one of these processes, however, for Service Level Management in particular, this one right here, we wanna make sure we know the purpose, objective, scope, some basic concepts, process activities, and relationship with other processes too.
So we'll spend a little bit more time talking about that on the Service Level Management side. Key concepts, we wanna make sure we pull out of this less and under Service Design, things like Multi-level SLAs, how SLAs really have a big role in identifying what we're doing in the Service Design process. Looking at service improvement, making sure we understand how all these processes affect us in the future as we look into the service transition phase.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. This ITIL Foundations course is offered by Interface Technical Training, ATO of EXIN.
Skill Level Advanced
Qualification scheme3m 51s
1. Service Life Cycle
2. Service Management as a Practice
3. Key Principles, Models, and Concepts
4. Life-Cycle Phases
5. Life-Cycle Processes: Part One
6. Life-Cycle Processes: Part Two
7. Service-Management Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.