Join Mark Thomas for an in-depth discussion in this video Request fulfillment, part of Cert Prep: ITIL Foundations.
- Ok we've covered a lot of processes in service operation.…We've hit event, incident, problem management.…I drew a beautiful mess up here for you,…but what I wanted to talk about is…at this service desk, one of the things that…the service desk is handling is incidents.…Another thing that the service desk…might be dealing with is requests.…And so requests are another form of demand…into the service desk, and so one of the things that we…have to be very careful of is that we don't clump…request and incident management together.…They're separate processes and should be…handled as such, as separate processes.…
The service desk still owns the request…fulfillment process and generally owns the…request life cycle from start to finish.…So therefore, what we're doing?…Simply, we're dealing with service requests from…the users and that's what we're trying to do.…And we're really managing the life cycle,…the process is managing the life cycle for this…because you know that a lot of requests are…generally, they're low-risk, well understood.…
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. This ITIL Foundations course is offered by Interface Technical Training, ATO of EXIN.
Skill Level Advanced
Qualification scheme3m 51s
1. Service Life Cycle
2. Service Management as a Practice
3. Key Principles, Models, and Concepts
4. Life-Cycle Phases
5. Life-Cycle Processes: Part One
6. Life-Cycle Processes: Part Two
7. Service-Management Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.