Join Mark Thomas for an in-depth discussion in this video Release and Deployment Management, part of Cert Prep: ITIL Foundations.
- Okay so far in transition, transition…planning and support we've talked through,…we've talked service asset and config, we've…talked change management, now let's hit…release and deployment management.…So remember a change is going through the…approval, service asset and config is ensuring…that we're keeping track of the assets and configuration…items, and what we're doing in release…and deployment management is the build, test…deploy, the actual deployment of these…approved changes that we have here.…So in release and deployment basically…plan, schedule and control the build, test,…deployment of releases to deliver new…functionality required by the business…while protecting the integrity of existing services.…
We had a saying for all of our…release managers, protect production.…We want to make sure that we can apply…that we deploy new and changed services for…the benefit of the enterprise and not bring…something, tip something over in the process.…We kept track of those things to ensure that we…had very good release policies and plans…
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. This ITIL Foundations course is offered by Interface Technical Training, ATO of EXIN.
Skill Level Advanced
Qualification scheme3m 51s
1. Service Life Cycle
2. Service Management as a Practice
3. Key Principles, Models, and Concepts
4. Life-Cycle Phases
5. Life-Cycle Processes: Part One
6. Life-Cycle Processes: Part Two
7. Service-Management Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.