Join Mark Thomas for an in-depth discussion in this video Processes, tools, and automation, part of ITIL Foundations.
- Out of all the processes we've talked…about within the ITIL framework,…it's one thing to do a process manually, right,…it's another thing to have automation of that process,…it is very important to think about automation…because good processes need the support…of an appropriate tool, and I say appropriate tool…for a reason, yet be very careful…when you're looking at automating,…particularly around service management processes,…that you don't really look at just a boxed solution…that just focuses on maybe one process.…Now, you can of course, but I've seen a lot of organizations…that will buy a tool for a ticketing solution,…and because the price was right, because it fit…the requirements they had for the ticketing solution,…that worked well for six months, nine months,…maybe even a year, when they determined there was…important that they started looking at another process,…say, change management, problem management,…and found out that the tool they selected,…spent time, effort, money to deploy this tool,…they now have to go through a whole new reselection…
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. This ITIL Foundations course is offered by Interface Technical Training, ATO of EXIN.
Skill Level Advanced
Qualification scheme3m 51s
1. Service Life Cycle
2. Service Management as a Practice
3. Key Principles, Models, and Concepts
4. Life-Cycle Phases
5. Life-Cycle Processes: Part One
6. Life-Cycle Processes: Part Two
7. Service-Management Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.