Join Mark Thomas for an in-depth discussion in this video Problem management, part of ITIL Foundations.
- Okay we finished up talking about incident management.…Let's start hitting problem management here next.…So problem management,…kind of think about…how we get into problem management here so.…Remember through this whole service operation…we got events right and hopefully they're triggering…so we can find these incidents…and we're trying to tackle those incidents…at the lowest level possible but we saw some trending here.…We started seeing these incidents come up.…So we now have to possibly look at this process,…called problem management.…It's kind of where we see.…
Now I want you to understand…that an incident doesn't become a problem okay.…An incident occurs…because there is a potential problem there, okay.…And so that's one of the things…that people really need to kind of understand…because a problem is the unknown root cause…of one or more recurring incidents.…So the goal here of problem management, all right,…one of the things we want to make sure we're doing…is to reduce the number of recurring incidents…
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. This ITIL Foundations course is offered by Interface Technical Training, ATO of EXIN.
Skill Level Advanced
Qualification scheme3m 51s
1. Service Life Cycle
2. Service Management as a Practice
3. Key Principles, Models, and Concepts
4. Life-Cycle Phases
5. Life-Cycle Processes: Part One
6. Life-Cycle Processes: Part Two
7. Service-Management Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.