Join Mark Thomas for an in-depth discussion in this video Problem-management activities, part of ITIL Foundations.
- View Offline
- So, Problem Management's few activities…that, some of those might look familiar to you,…cos it generally follows the same initial process…that we have within Incident Management.…So, the first step is to detect, detect…that there is a problem there.…So, little bit different from an incident.…We may find, or detect problems through suppliers,…we may detect problems through looking at…or trending multiple recurring incidents,…or we may detect because we had a major incident.…Also we may detect, remember proactively versus reactively.…
So, we need to detect that that's even there, first,…so once we detect that, we then go log that ticket.…We officially recognize this, it's given a number,…and it's given the basic date time group,…general information, to now accept…that we have opened up a ticket for that.…One of the things also that I see a lot of organizations,…because Problem Management requires a lot of time,…resources and effort, a lot of times those tickets…are required in order to trigger the resource planning,…
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. This ITIL Foundations course is offered by Interface Technical Training, ATO of EXIN.
Skill Level Advanced
Qualification scheme3m 51s
1. Service Life Cycle
2. Service Management as a Practice
3. Key Principles, Models, and Concepts
4. Life-Cycle Phases
5. Life-Cycle Processes: Part One
6. Life-Cycle Processes: Part Two
7. Service-Management Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.