Join Mark Thomas for an in-depth discussion in this video Prioritization, part of ITIL Foundations.
- So many things we are going to prioritize in the model,…in the ITIL framework, let's take incidents for example…we prioritize incidents, yeah we do.…You might see priority one, p two, p three,…you might see sev one, sev two, sev three…depending on how you name those.…You might prioritize changes high, medium or low.…You might prioritize problems,…you might prioritize releases.…A lot of ways which you can look at prioritization,…a lot of it is based on customer input…and the needs from the customer when…we look at the prioritization,…but how do we really calculate this?…Is there a secret sauce?…Well, there is and there isn't.…
It's unique to every different organization.…So you look at this prioritization, I like to call this…the complex calculation of urgency and impact.…And so, let's start with impact, what exactly is impact?…It's the direct effect on a business.…If we don't get this incident resolved quickly…or if we don't get it resolved,…what is going to be the pain factor on this?…How many people are involved?…
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. This ITIL Foundations course is offered by Interface Technical Training, ATO of EXIN.
Skill Level Advanced
Qualification scheme3m 51s
1. Service Life Cycle
2. Service Management as a Practice
3. Key Principles, Models, and Concepts
4. Life-Cycle Phases
5. Life-Cycle Processes: Part One
6. Life-Cycle Processes: Part Two
7. Service-Management Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.