InterVlan Routing (IVR) is fun and exciting, and Todd Lammle will introduce you to layer 3 routing using both a router and an enterprise switch, showing how to configure and run a router on a stick and logical router ports on the backplane of a switch. This video will prepare you for the next sections.
- Hosts in a VLAN live in their own…broadcast domain and can communicate freely.…VLANs create network partitioning and traffic…separation at Layer 2 of the OSI model.…And as I said when I told you why…we still need routers, if you want hosts…or any other IP addressable device…to communicate between VLANs you must…have a Layer 3 device to provide routing.…For this you can use a router that has…an interface for each VLAN or a router…that supports 802.1Q routing.…If you had two or three VLANs you can…get by with a router equipped with two…or three fast Ethernet or gigabit connections.…
10Base-T is okay for proxying at home…but for anything else I'd highly recommend…gigabit interfaces for real power under the hood.…Each router interface is then plugged…in to an access link for each VLAN.…This means that each of the routers interface…IP addresses would then become the default…gateway address for hosts in their respective VLAN.…If you have more vlans available than router…interfaces you can configure trunking on…one or more Ethernet interfaces or…
For more information on the CCENT exam, visit Cisco's website.
- Overview of internetworking
- The TCP/IP networking model
- Easy subnetting
- Managing Cisco IOS
- Managing Cisco networks and devices
- IP routing
- Layer 2 switching
- VLANs and InterVLAN routing
- Network address translation
Skill Level Intermediate
Internetworking devices4m 20s
3. Introduction to TCP/IP
4. Easy Subnetting
5. VLSM, Summarization, and Troubleshooting TCP/IP
6. Cisco Internetworking Operating System (IOS)
7. Managing a Cisco Internetwork
8. IP Routing
9. Layer 2 Switching
10. VLANs and InterVLAN Routing (IVR)
12. Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.