Join Mark Thomas for an in-depth discussion in this video Key IT service management roles, part of Cert Prep: ITIL Foundations.
- The service management and the ITIL framework,…they are extremely heavily role based.…And what we are talking about on a role,…a role is basically the set of responsibilities,…the activities, authorities that…have been assigned to that role.…Could be a person, could be a group,…that is assigned that certain role.…We will talk about some other roles around…some of our functions a little bit later on.…Some of the key roles we have here as a part of the model,…basically three types you'll see.…We have first, what is called a Type I and…that is what we consider an Internal Service Provider.…
Internal, you could have more than one of these in an…organization, basically, same organization Internal Provider,…we provide all your services to you internally, OK.…The next one we might have is called a Type II,…which is Shared Servics, which is becoming pretty popular.…So, in a Shared Service type of situation,…you have an Internal Service Provider that provides…Shared Services across multiple business units.…So, for example, I have a Single Share Service Provider,…
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. This ITIL Foundations course is offered by Interface Technical Training, ATO of EXIN.
Skill Level Advanced
Qualification scheme3m 51s
1. Service Life Cycle
2. Service Management as a Practice
3. Key Principles, Models, and Concepts
4. Life-Cycle Phases
5. Life-Cycle Processes: Part One
6. Life-Cycle Processes: Part Two
7. Service-Management Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.